RICE, Nigerian’s most consumed staple food, we never get tired of consuming it; In December of 2019 and January of 2020, Afrimillz Nigeria sold over 6000 (50kg) bags of rice during the festive season, different brands as Nigerians have their preference, but most stick to what others recommend and if after cooking it comes out fine as the foreign rice. About a year ago, if someone actually told Nigerians that they would eat their locally produced rice and love it, they wouldn’t have believed that person, it turns out that one of the greatest decisions our president Muhammadu Buhari made was to ban foreign rice from being imported into the country Nigeria. It was so impactful that it improved Nigeria’s GDP by 11% in less than a few month after ban.
Today, we would be looking at 10 quality Nigerian rice according to our quality assurance team and customers reviews after the consume the rice. Note that this article isn’t sponsored by any manufacturers, this is pure data and analysis we have been able to gather over a period of time. The list will go from the least to the best.
- Mama Pride: This used to be a great choice to many Nigerian mothers that have hungry mouths to feed. The rice is relatively cheap and affordable due to the fact that it is locally produced and distribution is within and outside the shores of Nigeria and Africa. Mama Pride is a product of the OLAM Nigeria Limited. Its low price comes from its popularity as one of the leading manufacturers of rice that has its operations in local communities in Nigeria. They also have branches in countries such as Senegal, Togo and are operational all over the globe in different continents such as South American, Central America, North America, East Africa, and other West African countries and even Australia. This brand of rice is certified to be high in nutrition value and very healthy to consume by the populace because it has been tested as a portion of organic food. This brand also parboils their rice, making it very easy to cook, saving the household fuel and the environment from harmful gas emissions. Its rice is without stones and sand thereby the assurance of a safe and happy meal is guaranteed. Undoubtedly, this brand of rice is one of the best because its manufacturers not only provide food for the people of Nigeria, they also provide a job for them.
- Anambra Rice: Anambra Rice is a new brand of rice that is being produced and packaged in Anambra state. It is a brand that has sprung up in the state because of the government intervention and provision of loans to individuals willing to go into rice productions. Adequate support is also given to entrepreneurs aiming to invest in rice production. Why this brand makes the list of 10 best rice brands in Nigeria is because it is very cheap and readily available to the Nigerian masses. These people experience hunger and hardship. This rice brand is indeed a saving grace to many who can afford it at a price tag.
- Tomato King Rice: The brand tomato has been a quality brand that most Nigerians are used to and wouldn’t change for any brand because of it’s original brand which was a foreign rice imported from Thailand, read more on Tomato Aroso Rice on Afrimillz Nigeria. The price of this rice ranges and varies depending on the size. For a 50kg bag, one can purchase at the cost of ₦16,500 to ₦17,500.
- Super Champion Rice: According to him, Stallion rice brands produced by its subsidiary, Popular Farms and Mills Ltd and distributed across the country were so well accepted that the company recorded considerable sales while receiving sizeable orders at the one-day fair. On the significance of the fair, Amit observed that such promotional outings were vital to the successful market penetration of Nigerian rice brands. “We would appreciate more of these kinds of outings to help boost and sustain rice production, increase awareness and ultimately advance the patronage of Nigerian rice brands.” Buy Super Champion on Afrimillz
- Patriot Parboiled Rice: Patriot Rice is a parboiled medium grain rice with golden standard. Enriched with vitamins and mineral, and is naturally free from fat and supports a healthy heart according to Afrimillz. Patriot parboiled rice is a premium quality Nigerian grown parboiled rice with natural nutritious and healthy value. Patriot Parboiled rice is specifically processed and package, this particular brand of rice goes well with tomato paste, especially when used to prepare jollof rice, white rice, and stew. A sprinkle of vegetable on already cooked rice creates a great sensation on the taste buds of passionate rice lovers.
- Mai Nasara Rice: One of the most underrated rice brands on the list, but highly appreciated after consumption. This brand assures one of high quality and great tastes. It is also parboiled before packaging for exportation and distribution. The brand is very popular in Lagos and Kano States because it is produced and processed in those states. See more on Afrimillz.
- Umza Classic Rice: This brand of rice is among the few local brands that are thriving now in the Nigerian market due to the ban placed on the importation of rice into the country. One great thing about Nigerians is their ability to adapt immediately, during the festive seasons where rice scarcity increased and customers would contact Afrimillz Support for their desired brand and they would have to convince them to go for this brand, because it was available at the time. Still available on Afrimillz Nigeria.
- Crown Gold Rice: This is a new product in the market, their manufacturers reached out and we saw samples of the product and it is one of the best ones, it made top 3, but its quite expensive from ₦18,500, their factory is based in Minna, our guess is that Abuja buyers would be very interest since it’s closer. Share your thoughts in the comment section.
- Big Bull Rice: Big Big Bull Rice is a premium quality Nigerian grown parboiled rice with natural nutritious and healthy which is specifically processed with high quality grains. Big Bull rice is STONE FREE, fast and easy to cook with a end result that is firm and non-sticky. With great quality comes high price, it’s over ₦21,000, but it’s worth the buy. Lots of customers are used to the brand and the quality they offer. This brand assures one of high quality and great tastes. Buy on Afrimillz Nigeria
- Tomato Gold Rice: As iterated earlier, the brand Tomato has one advantage, it is attributed to quality and this brand has it all, from quality to affordability, it made the top list because it has become one of customers most preferred and we predict that it would only grow and would also last for a long while. The brand is very popular and is still gaining popularity and with time, it might take over. On the Afrimillz platform it is sold for ₦16,500 at its best quality. The winner goes to Tomato Gold Rice, follow the link to buy.
In conclusion, It is one of the basic necessities of life that everyone must eat, hence the need for a stable supply or source of food for proper feeding. We all know that all fingers are not equal but rice, the commonest grain in Nigeria is both popular among the poor and rich. It is a kind of food that is high in carbohydrate so that it can supply energy to all the masses of a great nation like Nigeria on a daily basis. That is why its supply and demand is on the increase daily, weekly, monthly and indeed yearly.
To any little child growing up in a typical street in Nigeria, rice to them becomes their best meal because it is cooked for them regularly. One might think that since this meal is a constant to their mouth and bellies, they should have gotten used to it already. Surprisingly, the grain can be prepared in a different number of ways, which is why it can never be an option for Nigerians. We hope you enjoyed the read, leave a comment and share.